Indoors and Out, Propane Adds Value and Improves Efficiency
If you’ve never lived in a propane-fueled home before, you might be surprised to know how versatile it is and how many ways it can be used in your home. Not only can propane provide steady, reliable heat energy at an affordable price, but it also offers exceptional performance and efficiency in a wide range of home appliances at a much lower cost than electricity.
You might also be surprised to learn that propane is a domestically sourced fuel that is one of the cleanest and efficient fuels around.
If you’re looking to enhance your home’s value, increase comfort and improve efficiency, updating or adding propane appliances is a savvy move.
Propane Appliance Options For Your Home
- Heating: Propane generates more Btus than an equivalent amount of electricity, so you need much less propane to produce the same amount of heat or energy. Propane is also more efficient than natural gas, delivering twice the heating energy. Propane heating equipment requires less maintenance and lasts longer than heating oil-fueled equipment. And, you have a range of options for propane-fueled supplemental space heating as well as whole-home heating systems.
- Water Heaters: Water heating is a big percentage of home energy bills—especially when you consider how much hot water a household uses: bathing, laundry, dishwashing. An energy-efficient propane water heater can help you reduce your energy costs, and perform better too. Tankless water heaters save energy by instantly heating water when you need it, rather than keeping a large tank hot all the time. As a result, you can enjoy virtually unlimited hot water—while seeing savings of up to 40%!
- Cooking and Grilling: Nothing beats the precision and control you get cooking with gas. That’s why it’s the first choice of professional chefs in the kitchen—and on the patio. Recent stories about gas stoves and indoor air quality are a bit misleading: While natural gas stoves can potentially emit methane, a potent greenhouse gas, propane contains no methane. And, cooking of any kind creates particulate matter and affects indoor air quality, no matter what fuel is used.
- Outdoor Living: Adding safe and efficient propane patio heaters can let you enjoy your outdoor spaces earlier in the spring and later into the autumn. Fire pits and fire bowls are an attractive focal point and gathering space for entertaining friends and family. And propane-fueled pool and spa heaters will warm up the water much faster than an electric heater, and maintain the temperature better once the water is warm. As a result, propane pool heaters help you keep heating costs under control, while letting you enjoy your pool or spa more.
- Indoor fireplaces: A propane fireplace brings all the ambiance and warmth of a wood-burning fireplace to any room, without the mess, smoke and ash. And unlike a traditional fireplace, you can install a propane-fueled fireplace just about anywhere: living room, dining room, bedroom, even the kitchen. Imagine the luxe, spa-like glamour of a fireplace in your master bath!
- Space heating: Propane wall and space heaters make it easy to heat spaces your heating system doesn’t reach—like additions, sunrooms, attics, workshops and garages.
- Generators: When storms knock out power, a propane-fueled backup generator will keep your lights on, your refrigerator running and everything else powered up until the utility companies can make repairs. What’s more, a whole house generator can boost your home’s value and get you a lower rate on your homeowner’s insurance.
Ready for Propane?
Whether you are remodeling your existing place, shopping for a new home, building your dream house, or just looking for ways to reduce your carbon footprint, propane provides great value.
The experts at Junction Fuels have the experience and knowledge to answer all your questions and help make adding propane to your Eastern Vermont home easy. We provide great propane services like on-time deliveries, smart payment plans to help keep costs manageable and so much more. Contact us to learn more and become a customer today.
Our offices will remain on-call for emergency services on Friday, 12/23, Monday, 12/26 and Monday, 1/2. Thank you and happy holidays!