Propane: A Cleaner, More Efficient Electricity Alternative
Talk to someone who has converted their eastern Vermont home from electricity to propane power and they’ll probably tell you how they’ve increased their comfort while lowering their energy bills.
But there are more benefits to making the switch from electric to propane, including:
- Longer Lasting Appliances: Because propane burns clean, it causes less wear and tear on your home comfort equipment —which means they’ll last longer and require less maintenance than electric appliances. On average, a well-maintained propane furnace will last about five years longer than a similarly maintained electric heat pump, for example.
- A Smaller Carbon Footprint: Propane burns much cleaner than the coal that is more than likely used to make the electricity in your home – and since it’s more efficient at making heat, you’ll also use less propane to keep your house warm. Together, those perks mean less impact on the planet.
- Simplicity: Propane can power your stove, fireplaces, outdoor grill, laundry dryer, lighting and more – all from a single propane tank or cylinder.
- Added Comfort: Propane burns hot, so it heats air and water more quickly than electricity. Those BTUs can really come in handy in the middle of a New England winter!
- Greater Peace of Mind: Propane can be used to keep a whole-house backup generator running, which will keep your power on until the grid’s back up. That won’t only keep the lights on, it will also keep your security system up, your sump pump working, and your food fresh.
Converting to propane gas is not as expensive or complicated as you might think –making the switch typically takes just a few days. To learn more about propane conversions in eastern Vermont and get a FREE estimate on propane equipment installations for your home, contact a Junction Fuels expert today!