Get A Spring Heating System Tune Up!
9 Reasons Why it’s Not as Crazy as it Sounds!
The days are getting longer, and the weather is getting warmer. That means the chores most likely moving to the top of your spring to-do list are yard work, clearing the gutters, and cleaning the grill. Chances are, you’re not giving much thought to your boiler or furnace, other than those last few chilly nights when you might need to turn it up a little. That also means the last thing on your mind is your heating system tune-up.
It may sound crazy, but we’ve got some great reasons that you should schedule it in the spring or early summer months.
Why HVAC Maintenance in The Spring?
- Most importantly, the benefits of your tune-up won’t wear off over the summer. Once your tune-up is done, it’s ready for when you turn the heat on again in the fall.
- A well-maintained heating system runs more efficiently, burning less fuel to keep you comfortable. That translates into savings on your fuel bills—often as much as 10 percent.
- Your equipment will run when you need it most. It’s those stretches of single-digit days and polar vortexes that force your heating system to work extra hard to heat your home, not the more average winter temps. Routine maintenance catches heating system problems in their early stages, helping you avoid inconvenient equipment breakdowns and the potentially costly repairs that come with them.
- Your equipment will last longer. Regular maintenance can add years to the life of your furnace or boiler! Neglected heating equipment will need to be replaced earlier than expected—a big expense that can be avoided with seasonal tune-ups.
- If you have a forced-air heating system, a well-maintained furnace will help keep air moving while also controlling household humidity—two significant contributors to healthy indoor air.
- Your system will be in prime shape and ready to go at the first unexpected cold snap in the fall.
- You’ll get your choice of appointments. In the fall, everyone is in a rush, and convenient appointment times fill up fast.
- If nothing else, it’s a jump start on your fall chores—which is kind of great when you think how busy that time of year can be.
- For most people, a good warranty is a key consideration with a major purchase like a heating system. Why jeopardize that coverage? Most heating equipment warranties require routine professional service as a precondition; skip your tune-up and your manufacturer could be voided, leaving you to pay out of pocket for the expense.
Plan Ahead by Enrolling in a Heating Equipment Protection Plan!
Speaking of out-of-pocket expenses, consider one of our heating equipment service plans. So much more than a seasonal tune-up, our service plans can really help you save when you do need a repair. For just a few dollars a month, our Value plan for oil systems covers parts and labor for most repairs, and our Don’t Be Fuel-ish plan provides discounts on parts and labor for oil and gas systems.
What’s better? All our plans include priority emergency service. Because according to Murphy’s Law, if something can go wrong, it will—and usually at the worst time. These emergencies won’t wait until the weather clears or normal business hours resume, and neither will we.
Why wait? Contact Junction Fuels today to get your heating equipment tuned up and ready for fall season soon to come.